LAST UPDATED 2016-11-13
Plugin author: boroda74
Is a well known issue that you can't get file access to unrooted Android devices via WiFi and hence can't sync MusicBee with Android devices via WiFi. One possible solution is to setup a local PC folder as virtual device in MusicBee, sync MusicBee with that 'device', then you can use 3d party apps (e.g. 'Cheetah Sync') to sync PC folder with Android folder via WiFi. But this has one disadvantage: all synced files will be duplicated on PC. This plugin may help in this situation. It will create own virtual device 'Sync Links' in MusicBee and will create hard links or symbolic links to original library media files in some folder on syncing. Hard links/symbolic links occupy very little space on HDD (though Windows Explorer will show the sizes of original files, not the actual sizes of links).
- Hard links can be created only on the same volume as original files, only on NTFS volume.
- Hard links are definitely supported by any soft used for syncing files with Android.
- Symbolic links can be created only on NTFS volume, but may point to original files on another volume (with any file system).
- Symbolic links may or may not be supported by syncing software.
- You will need to run MusicBee as admin to MusicBee be able to create links.
Do all you want with plugin binary and source code at your own risk.
How to useEdit
Extract content of archive to plugins subfolder of MusicBee installation folder (e.g. to "c:\program files\musicbee\plugins"). To configure plugin go to 'Edit/Preferences/Plugins'.
Go to 'Edit/Preferences/Plugins'. Click 'Uninstall'. Plugin will delete all automatically created files (e.g. settings), but you need to exit MusicBee and manually delete all files that were included in plugin .zip.
Seems to be working.
Stable version 4.1, 2016-11-13, only for MusicBee 3.0 or later
Source MS VS 2015 project, C#. Most people don't need this.
You need Latest Update to use this plugin.
Nov 13, 2016Edit
- Some bugfixes.
July 01, 2016Edit
- First public release.