Plugin author: ellnino
This Plug In allows you to subscribe to playlists/groups which will allow you to automatically download all the tracks of that groups.
- You can create new groups. Either public or private groups.
- You can also join groups, which would download the songs to your own machine.
- Its a perfect way to share music with friends.
- Playlist share allows you to share music over a network connection or over the internet.
- An added function is collaborative ratings. So you can see what other people think of your music.
How to useEdit
- Extract content of archive to plugins subfolder of MusicBee installation folder (e.g. to "c:\program files\musicbee\plugins").
- Enable the plugin from MusicBee Preferences -> Plugins -> playlist share
- To activate, enter a username and email in MusicBee Preferences -> Plugins -> playlist share and then click Generate ID.
- This will create a unique UserID for you. You can use this same UserID in different instances of MusicBee
- To join groups, go to Tools -> Playlist Share -> Group Maintenance...
- Highlight an interesting group and then click join. Note this will start the downloading process
- You can also add your own group
- Just give it a name and a shared folder(for network groups)
- You can also assign a secret key for private groups
- Finally select where the shared tracks should be stored. Network, Cloud or a Hybrid option
- To upload songs to a group, go to Tools -> Playlist Share -> Uploader...
- Browse and select the files you wish to upload
- Select the group you wish to upload the songs to
- Click Upload. Note: for cloud groups, the upload could take a few minutes to upload. Playlist share will notify you when the upload has completed.
- You can also upload directly from your library by right clicking on the selected tracks -> Playlist Share -> Add to xxx
Every time you rate a song within a group, Playlist Share will record the ratings to show a collaborative rating for each track.
This rating can be viewed for the current playing track by right clicking on the selected track -> Playlist Share Monitor or from the View -> Playlist Share Monitor menu.
MusicBee Preferences -> Plugins -> playlist share -> Playlist location
- Set this location to where you want Playlist Share to store the group files
MusicBee Preferences -> Plugins -> playlist share -> Auto Download
- This option will automatically download new tracks and playlists when MusicBee starts.
- If disabled, Playlist Share will show a Downloader screen where you can select which files to download
Playlist Share needs an internet connection to perform all operations.