Managed to create XP registry mod that adds MusicBee to the autoplay options when I plug in my MTP device. Follow these instructions if you want to try it. Please note that I am not an expert and you do this at your own risk. Also is a very good idea to backup your registry before you do anything. Also make sure that MusicBee is closed and your MTP device is unplugged (not sure if this makes a difference, but probably a good idea).
1. Backup your registry.
2. Launch notepad (or your fav test editor)
3. Paste the stuff below into notepad
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\MTPMediaPlayerArrival] "MusicBee_Handler"="" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\MusicBee_Handler] "Action"="Run MusicBee" "DefaultIcon"="%programfiles%\\MusicBee\\MusicBee.exe,0" "InitCmdLine"="%programfiles%\\MusicBee\\MusicBee.exe" "ProgID"="Shell.HWEventHandlerShellExecute" "Provider"="MusicBee"
4. Save it as MusicBee.reg and exit Notepad (what ever)
5. Find MusicBee.reg and run it.
6. XP will ask you if you are sure you want to change your registry
7. Think hard, swallow hard and click yes...
8. XP will confirm that the change has been make. Click OK.
9. Plug in your MTP device and see what happens...